For more t han 17 years, the Granite Falls School District (GFSD) Food & Gift Drive has been working to make the holidays less of a burden for local families. The winter months can prove to be difficult for many of our families and the through the generous donations and support of the Granite Falls community, the GFSD Food & Gift Drive connects with more than 200 families, providing food, toys, and other necessities during the month of December.
The Granite Falls Food Drive is a very unique giving event.
- 100% of the donations go to the families we serve.
- Often our students themselves and their families are the recipients.
- Our volunteers are made up of a very hardworking and dedicated group of high school students.
- Our staff and coordinators actually deliver food and gifts to the families directly.
- The entire event is very authentic and changes the lives of not only the recipients, but everyone involved.
- Last year, we collected over 22,000 items and raised more than $20,000 in cash.
We are asking today for your support for our annual School District Food Drive and to directly help families in need this holiday season. Everyone has a story and you can be a part of our story — by helping us create a story of giving to the community of Granite Falls. You can do this through cash donations, gift donations, or allowing our volunteers time to collect donations in front of your store. Click HERE to learn how you can help!